My family and I bought this power outlet for a long road trip because it had an AC outlet and two USB ports. It started charging my daughter's laptop and my cell phone, but after about an hour on the road it got hot and a noisy fan inside it kicked on. Eventually, it started smelling like something was burning, then my iPhone suddenly rebooted from what I fear was an electronic surge. We unplugged the outlet for a few hours, but when we turned it on again, it went on and off sporadically. To make matters worse, on our return trip a few days later we stopped at a rest area and our car wouldn't start up again -- our car battery was dead! Our battery may have been a couple years old, but we later realized that this product takes up to 150W. According to our car manual, it can only handle 120W MAX. No fun learning that little fact 1000 miles from home.