I purchased three of these (one for each bathroom). The batteries died every few weeks and it finally stopped working all together after about a month. My kids LOVE the idea of it, but after one day of the bulb timer not shutting off I threw it out- feared it would be a fire hazard.
This is one of the single best products out there. A real proactive way to keep you healthy before the germs take you down. And for the folks that dislike chemicals, there is honestly no safer way to clean than will ultra violet light. I highly recommend.