November 8, 2011
November 8, 2011
Stephen King’s incredibly ambitious, heartstoppingly dramatic time travel novel, 11/22/63 is a WHAT IF novel like no other.
Iconic author Stephen King enlists his readers on an adventure through time so remarkable that even the characters in the book find hard to believe. What if it were possible to travel back in time and change the course of history? That is exactly what small-town high school teacher Jack Epping discovers in 11/22/63: the opportunity to return to 1958 to prevent the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Taking on the new name George Amberson for his life in the 1950s, this teacher throws himself headfirst through the time portal (that mysteriously exists in his friend Al's diner pantry) and into his new life. Attempting to stop the assassination, George must track down the assailant--and come to understand his new (old) time. At just under 900 pages, this is a big book, and King makes the most of it--addressing age-old questions about human agency, love, and the flexibility of history. And because of King's masterful storytelling abilities, everyone--readers and unlikely heroes--will get swept away by 11/22/63. Selected by the editors of the New York Times Book Reviews as one of the Ten Best Books of 2011.
- Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Politics, Philosophy, Education, Types of Characters, General, Mystery + Crime, Science Fiction + Fantasy, Literary Genres + Types of Novels
- Edition: Unabridged
- Language: English
- Release Date: November 8, 2011
- Author: Stephen King
- Narrator: Craig Wasson (Narrator)
- Online Item #: 13736604
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-73-5093
- ISBN: 9781442344280
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported