September 12, 2006
September 12, 2006
The celebrated P.J. Lynch captures the spirit of Dickens's beloved tale in a richly illustrated unabridged edition.
The story of Ebenezer Scrooge opens on a Christmas Eve as cold as Scrooge's own heart. That night, he receives three ghostly visitors: the terrifying spirits of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet to Come. Each takes him on a heart-stopping journey, yielding glimpses of Tiny Tim and Bob Cratchit, the horrifying spectres of Want and Ignorance, even Scrooge's painfully hopeful younger self. Will Scrooge's heart be opened? Can he reverse the miserable future he is forced to see? Now in an unabridged edition gloriously illustrated by the award-winning P.J. Lynch, this story's message of love and goodwill, mercy and self-redemption resonates as keenly as ever.
A CHRISTMAS CAROL is Dickens's tender and comic tale of the Cratchit family, Tiny Tim, and Ebenezer Scrooge--a favorite ever since it was written, in 1843. Badly in need of money, Dickens produced A CHRISTMAS CAROL in six weeks; the first printing of 6,000 copies sold out instantly. In Dickens's original version, Tiny Tim was Tiny Fred, and Scrooge said "Bah!" but not "Humbug!"
Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Juvenile Fiction, Comics + Graphic Novels, Fiction + Literature Themes
Sub-Genre: Settings, Stages of Life, Types of Characters, Holidays, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Holidays + Celebrations / Christmas, Society + Social Issues, People + Places / Europe, Conflicts + Dualities, Classics, Human Qualities + Behavior, Literary, Horror + Ghost Stories, Money + Finance, Religion + Beliefs, General
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Comics + Graphic Novels, Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: General, Religion + Beliefs, Money + Finance, Horror + Ghost Stories, Literary, Human Qualities + Behavior, Classics, Conflicts + Dualities, People + Places / Europe, Society + Social Issues, Holidays + Celebrations / Christmas, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Holidays, Types of Characters, Stages of Life, Settings
- Age: 9-12 years
- Language: English
- Author: Charles Dickens
- Illustrator: P.J. Lynch
- Online Item #: 11693868
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 247-01-7006
- ISBN: 9780763631208
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported