June 23, 2009
June 23, 2009
Before The Firm and The Pelican Brief made him a superstar, John Grisham wrote this riveting story of retribution and justice -- at last it's available in a Doubleday hardcover edition. In this searing courtroom drama, best-selling author John Grisham probes the savage depths of racial violence...as he delivers a compelling tale of uncertain justice in a small southern town...Clanton, Mississippi.
The life of a ten-year-old girl is shattered by two drunken and remorseless young man. The mostly white town reacts with shock and horror at the inhuman crime. Until her black father acquires an assault rifle -- and takes justice into his own outraged hands.
For ten days, as burning crosses and the crack of sniper fire spread through the streets of Clanton, the nation sits spellbound as young defense attorney Jake Brigance struggles to save his client's life...and then his own...
From the Hardcover edition.
A lawyer takes the controversial case of a black man accused of killing a white man in rural Mississippi.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Legal, Society + Social Issues, Action + Thrillers, Legal + Courtroom + Crime, Conflicts + Dualities, Settings, Peoples + Cultures
- Language: English
- Author: John Grisham
- Online Item #: 11400696
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-02-5955
- ISBN: 9780440245919
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported