January 11, 2011
January 11, 2011
Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet 300 years in the future, but her frozen slumber abruptly ends 50 years too soon, not as the result of a computer malfunction but because someone on board the ship has tried to murder her. A debut novel. 200,000 first printing.
Dystopian science fiction combines with romance to create a deeply disturbing, compelling young adult novel here. Cryogenically frozen with her parents for a 300-year journey to a new planet, 17-year-old Amy is awoken 50 years prematurely because someone is trying to murder her. She soon discovers that the spaceship Godspeed has been transformed into a dictatorship run by Eldest. With a mental ward filled with seemingly normal people, personality-less drones working the ship, a "mating" season, and more, everything is wrong. Amy finds help in the form of Elder, a boy who is destined to rule the ship. Together, they unlock the mystery of the system and troubling implications. This is the first title in a trilogy.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes, Juvenile Fiction
Sub-Genre: Action + Adventure / Survival Stories, Science Fiction + Fantasy, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Love + Romance, General, Travel + Voyages
- Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Travel + Voyages, General, Love + Romance, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Science Fiction + Fantasy, Action + Adventure / Survival Stories
- Age: Teen
- Language: English
- Release Date: January 11, 2011
- Author: Beth Revis
- Online Item #: 13090561
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-57-3242
- ISBN: 9781595143976
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported