April 6, 2010
April 6, 2010
Detective Alex Cross tells the story of an ancestor, Abraham Cross, and his experiences with lawyer Ben Corbett, recounting one man's pursuit of justice in the face of the resurgence of Ku Klux Klan racism and violence in 1906 Eudora, Mississippi.
Alex Cross has been around the block a few times--he's been doing police psychological investigations for years--but nevertheless, the story that his grandmother tells him manages to shake this seasoned professional to the core. The story, about an idealistic attorney from D.C. sent down to Mississippi in 1906 to look into Ku Klux Klan activities, has been passed down in the Cross family through the generations because it involves a distant relative. Longtime readers of James Patterson's extremely popular series starring D.C. investigator Alex Cross might find ALEX CROSS'S TRIAL to be a departure from Patterson's modus operandi, but this book offers deep insight into this character and his family's past that will sure to interest fans and connect them even more intimately with their beloved hero.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
Sub-Genre: Action + Thrillers, Work + the Workplace, Society + Social Issues, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Human Qualities + Behavior, Family + Friendship
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Family + Friendship, Human Qualities + Behavior, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Society + Social Issues, Work + the Workplace, Action + Thrillers
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: James Patterson , Richard Dilallo
- Online Item #: 12122923
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-04-0687
- ISBN: 9780446561808
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported