June 10, 2008
June 10, 2008
When Alice follows a strange rabbit down a rabbit hole and passes through a looking glass, she has a series of curious experiences, and meets the Mad Hatter, the fiendish Queen of Hearts, and many other odd characters.
As he escorted the three young daughters of a colleague on a trip up the river Isis, Lewis Carroll invented ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND, the story of a little girl who tumbles down a rabbit hole. Full of such wonderfully eccentric characters as the Queen of Hearts, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, the Cheshire Cat, the Mock Turtle, and the Mad Hatter, the book is simultaneously a political allegory, a parody of Victorian children's literature, a fairy tale, a dream, and a child's chronicle of growing up.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes, Juvenile Fiction
- Subgenre: Action + Adventure / General, Fairy Tales + Folklore / Adaptations, General, Romance, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Sports + Games, Stages of Life, Humorous Fiction, Science Fiction + Fantasy, Classics
- Age: 9-12 years
- Edition: Unabridged
- Language: English
- Author: Lewis Carroll
- Narrator: Jim Dale (Narrator)
- Online Item #: 11461320
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-03-3312
- ISBN: 9780739367384
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported