March 8, 2010
March 8, 2010
Jacob Rappaport, a Jewish soldier in the Union army, struggles with difficult moral questions when he is ordered to murder his own uncle, who has been plotting an assassination attempt against President Lincoln.
Jacob Rappaport, the wealthy son of a Jewish merchant family in 19th-century America, finds his family loyalties split by the Civil War. He becomes a spy for the Union and his first assignment is to assassinate his uncle in New Orleans...before his uncle's plot to assassinate President Lincoln goes into action. But his next assignment is even more personal: to marry the Confederate spy Eugenia Levy. ALL OTHER NIGHTS seamlessly blends the thrills of espionage with the complexity of politics, religion, and love--proving again why Dara Horn (THE WORLD TO COME) was named one of Granta Magazine's Best Young American Novelists.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes
Sub-Genre: Love + Relationships + Sex, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Peoples + Cultures, Conflicts + Dualities, Politics, War + Military, Types of Characters
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Types of Characters, War + Military, Politics, Conflicts + Dualities, Peoples + Cultures, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Love + Relationships + Sex
- Publisher: W W Norton & Co Inc
- Pages: 363
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Release Date: March 8, 2010
- Author: Dara Horn
- Online Item #: 12222342
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-41-7786
- ISBN: 9780393338324
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported