June 1, 1993
June 1, 1993
The winner of the National Book Award for Fiction, this novel tells the story of John Grady Cole, a young Texas rancher who ventures to Mexico in search of excitement. By the author of
The first volume in McCarthy's Border Trilogy, ALL THE PRETTY HORSES begins with the death of John Grady Cole's grandfather. John Grady, age 16, has lived with his grandfather for much of his life, and when the old man dies and the family home--a ranch in Texas--is sold, John Grady and his old friend Lacey Rawlins take off for Mexico, looking for a place in a world that seems increasingly hostile. Almost immediately, they encounter trouble, and the trip is studded with death, loss, violence, stolen horses, and thwarted love. By the time John Grady returns home--alone--he is irrevocably changed.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
Sub-Genre: Action + Thrillers, Love + Relationships + Sex, Human Qualities + Behavior, Family + Friendship, Westerns, Stages of Life, Society + Social Issues, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, General, Nature + Animals, Settings
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Settings, Nature + Animals, General, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Society + Social Issues, Stages of Life, Westerns, Family + Friendship, Human Qualities + Behavior, Love + Relationships + Sex, Action + Thrillers
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: Cormac McCarthy
- Online Item #: 11401597
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-01-9733
- ISBN: 9780679744399
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported