April 3, 2012
April 3, 2012
American Heart Association Quick & Easy Cookbook, 2nd Edition: More Than 200 Healthy Recipes You Can Make in Minutes
Convenience and eating healthfully can go hand in hand, and with the American Heart Association Quick & Easy Cookbook, 2nd Edition, you can spend less time in the kitchen and still achieve great results at the table.
This revised and expanded edition of the classic cookbook includes more than 200 speedy dishes, of which 60 are brand new. Prep and cooking times are provided for all recipes, so you'll know how much time you'll need in the kitchen. And rest assured, no dish takes longer than 20 minutes to prepare, and many recipes can be made in 30 minutes from start to finish.
In fewer than 10 minutes, you can start your day with Confetti Scrambler or Mandarin Breakfast Parfaits. No one will guess you whipped up dinner in 20 minutes when you serve Chicken with Tarragon Oil, Baked Tilapia with Pineapple Reduction, or Beef Tenderloin on Herbed White Beans. When meals are this simple and good for you, even appetizers, snacks, sides, and desserts can be on the docket. You'll find recipes for Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips, Edamame Salsa, Warm Chicken and Papaya Salad, Citrus Kale with Dried Cranberries, Chocolate-Banana Mini Cupcakes, Grilled Peaches with Almond Liqueur, and much more!
Make the most of your time in the kitchen and in the grocery store with helpful tools such as:
- Meal-planning strategies, including a sample dinner plan and a chart template to customize your own meals week-by-week
- Guidelines for maximizing nutritious foods and minimizing nutrient-poor foods
- Shopping strategies, including lists of health-smart staples
- Tips on organizing your kitchen for the greatest efficiency
- Quick-cooking techniques and short prep tricks
With this new edition of one of the American Heart Association's first and most popular cookbooks, you'll have a resource right at your fingertips for making your own quick and easy meals that will offer you fast, healthy food.
Author: American Heart Association
Genre: Health + Wellness, Cooking + Food + Wine
- Genre: Cooking + Food + Wine, Health + Wellness
- Publisher: Crown Publishing Group
- Pages: 288
- Online Item #: 14055853
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 247-07-3469
- Made in the USA and Imported