May 1, 2006
May 1, 2006
Celebrating cultural diversity, a wonderful picture book follows a spirited Chinese-American girl as she tries to convince her mother and father that selling Chinese food on this all-American holiday is not acceptable, but as the parade passes by and fireworks color the night sky, she learns a valuable lesson. Reprint.
A Chinese-American girl can't believe her parents are cooking Chinese food to serve in their store on the Fourth of July. Apple pie and lo mein just don't mix. Or do they? As throngs of parade goers amble past the store, the little girl learns that Independence Day is a celebration of difference. With full-color illustrations.
Genre: Juvenile Fiction
Sub-Genre: Holidays + Celebrations / Other + Non-Religious, People + Places / United States / Asian American
- Genre: Juvenile Fiction
- Subgenre: People + Places / United States / Asian American, Holidays + Celebrations / Other + Non-Religious
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Pages: 40
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Release Date: May 1, 2006
- Author: Janet S. Wong
- Illustrator: Margaret Chodos-Irvine
- Online Item #: 12726367
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-49-6191
- ISBN: 9780152057084
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported