In this romantic musical, a Russian prince sees a lovely singer in a town cafe and falls head-over-heels. Realizing that he cannot be seen with her in royal garb, he masquerades as a worker. Later he secretly arranges for her to sing at the Imperial Opera. Unfortunately, his father the emperor is wounded that night by the wicked Reds. The girl's father is among the would-be assassins. Years pass. Just before the dawn of WWII, the girl and her family are exiled to Siberia while the former prince heads for Paris to become a famous nightcub singer. When revolution erupts in Russia, the girl is freed and the lovers are eventually reunited. ~ Sandra Brennan, Rovi
- Musical Romance
- Totalitarian States, Star-Crossed Lovers
- 01 hr 42 min
- March 8, 2012
- Nelson Eddy , Ilona Massey , Charlie Ruggles , Frank Morgan , Lionel Atwill
- Frederic Worlock , Lee Phelps , Dalies Frantz , C. Aubrey Smith , Joyce Compton , Walter Woolf King , Phillip Terry , Abner Biberman , Roland Varno , George Tobias , Paul Sutton , William Costello , Paul Irving , Mildred Shay , Alma Kruger , Zeffie Tilbury
- Reinhold Schünzel
- Academy Awards (1)
- Academy Awards , Best Sound , 1939 , Douglas Shearer
Rating: NR - Suitable for Children
special offers and deals.
free standard shipping with $50 purchase, offer details.
- Made in the USA or Imported