September 30, 2008
George Montgomery both produced and starred in the psychological western Black Patch. Written by character actor Leo Gordon (who also appears on screen), the story revolves around one-eyed marshal Clay "Black Patch" Morgan (Montgomery). The marshal is delighted to find out that his old buddy Hank Danner (Leo Gordon) is riding into town, but less than thrilled to learn that Danner is now a wanted outlaw. Reluctantly throwing his friend into jail, Morgan sets off a chain reaction of terror, beginning with a jailbreak engineered by crooked saloonkeeper Frenchy De Vere (a particularly vicious performance by Sebastian Cabot) and culminating in a showdown between the marshal and Danner's young protégé Flytrap (Tom Pittman). This is the sort of film in which a ****** is represented by the symbolic opening and closing of a screen door. Black Patch seems pretentious when seen today, but in 1957 a western never lost money at the box-office. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Category Traditional Western
- Studio: Televista, Inc.
- Run Time: 01 hr 22 min
- Language: English
- Release Date: September 30, 2008
- Lead Actor: Diane Brewster , Leo Gordon , Thomas Pittman , George Montgomery , House Peters , Jr.
- Supporting Actor: Peter Brocco , Lynn Cartwright , Ted Jacques , Strother Martin , Stanley Adams , Sebastian Cabot , George Trevino , John O'Malley , Gil Rankin
- Director: Allen Miner
- Online Item #: 11369652
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 246-02-2186
- Made in the USA or Imported