April 1, 1998
April 1, 1998
Accelerated Reader is a program based on the fact that students become more motivated to read if they are tested on the content of the books they have read and are rewarded for correct answers. Students read each book, individually take the test on the computer, and receive gratification when they score well. Schools using the Accelerated Reader program have seen a significant increase in reading among their students.These titles for reluctant readers highlight the possible consequences of drug use, including the dangers of addiction, damage to mind and body, and increased likelihood of violent behavior.
Genre: Medical, Health + Wellness, Science, Self Improvement, Juvenile Nonfiction
Sub-Genre: Health + Daily Living / Substance Abuse, Chemistry / Organic, Nutrition, Pharmacology, Substance Abuse + Addictions / General
- Genre: Juvenile Nonfiction, Self Improvement, Science, Health + Wellness, Medical
- Subgenre: Substance Abuse + Addictions / General, Pharmacology, Nutrition, Chemistry / Organic, Health + Daily Living / Substance Abuse
- Age: Teen
- Edition: Revised
- Language: English
- Author: Richard S. Lee , Mary Price Lee
- Online Item #: 13666839
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-71-1683
- ISBN: 9780823927456
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported