May 3, 2011
May 3, 2011
Geraldine Brooks builds her historical novel CALEB'S CROSSING around the life of Caleb Cheeshateaumauk, a member of the Wampanoag tribe native to the area now known as Martha's Vineyard, who became the first American Indian to graduate from Harvard University. English settlers spreading out from the early Puritan colonies encounter Caleb's people, and he is taken under the tutelage of a minister who teaches Greek and Latin. This stranger in their household attracts the attention of the minister's daughter Bethia, who forms a strong connection with the hopeful student which draws both of them across an extraordinary cultural divide.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes
Sub-Genre: Peoples + Cultures, Education, Literary Genres + Types of Novels
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Education, Peoples + Cultures, Literary Genres + Types of Novels
- Publisher: Blackstone Audio Inc
- Edition: Unabridged
- Language: English
- Author: Geraldine Brooks
- Online Item #: 13452425
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-65-7660
- ISBN: 9781441790156
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported