June 8, 2010
June 8, 2010
Carolina’s a runaway hiding out at Harmony Farm. Mr. Ray and Miss Latah treat Carolina as their own. For 10 years she lived easy with her parents in the North Carolina mountains. But it feels risky speaking about the accident that claimed them and her baby brother. And Carolina won’t reveal the year of living with Auntie Shen, her surrogate grandma who took ill and was taken away or how she, Carolina, had to live in foster homes. Then Russell, a troublemaker from the foster home Carolina ran away from, secretly comes to Harmony Farm. Believing he’s a friend, Carolina sneaks him food and takes the blame for his pranks, until one night, when something so terrible happens that Carolina runs away again.
Marilyn Taylor McDowell has been bringing children and books together for over 25 years as librarian, storyteller, teacher, and proprietor of a children’s bookshop. This is her first novel. She lives in North Chittenden, Vermont.
From the Hardcover edition.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Juvenile Fiction
- Subgenre: Social Issues / Runaways, Lifestyles / Country Life, Family / Orphans + Foster Homes, General
- Age: 9-12 years
- Language: English
- Author: Marilyn Taylor Mcdowell
- Online Item #: 12343409
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-44-6984
- ISBN: 9780440422853
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported