March 23, 2010
March 23, 2010
Finding and exposing sexual predators on television, reporter Wendy prompts the arrest of a man who worked as an advocate for abused children and tackles the case of a missing girl before a group of vigilante fathers makes Wendy fear that she accused an innocent man. Simultaneous. Book available.
The disappearance of an all-American teenage girl from an affluent suburban New Jersey town disrupts many lives in Harlan Coben's stand-alone paranoia-fueled thriller. First, her parents are inconsolably distraught. Then there is police detective Frank Tremont who must contend with his failure to find Haley McWaid when she went missing several months earlier. Where Frank failed, investigative TV journalist Wendy Tynes seems to have succeeded--with the help of the production team from her popular show Caught in the Act, which nabs sexual predators, Wendy easily pins social worker Dan Mercer. But maybe it was too easy. Soon cracks emerge in her case, putting Wendy and others in danger.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Legal + Courtroom + Crime, Types of Characters, Human Qualities + Behavior, Conflicts + Dualities, Action + Thrillers, General, Mystery + Crime
- Edition: Unabridged
- Language: English
- Author: Harlan Coben
- Narrator: Carrington MacDuffie (Narrator)
- Online Item #: 12099241
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-36-3936
- ISBN: 9780739385227
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported