July 1, 2004
July 1, 2004
Quinn writes mysteries. The Washington Post has described him as a “post-existentialist private eye.” An unknown voice on the telephone is now begging for his help, drawing him into a world and a mystery far stranger than any he ever created in print.
Adapted by Paul Karasik and David Mazzucchelli, with graphics by David Mazzucchelli, Paul Auster’s groundbreaking, Edgar Award-nominated masterwork has been astonishingly transformed into a new visual language.
A detective-story writer named Quinn becomes involved in a bizarre case. A phone call from a man who believes someone is trying to kill him leads to a case more mysterious than anything Quinn could concoct. In this tale of strange reversals and shifts of identity, a character named "Paul Auster" makes an appearance as a man obsessed with Quinn's story.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes, Comics + Graphic Novels
- Subgenre: Mystery + Crime, Conflicts + Dualities, Types of Characters, Graphic Novels / Crime + Mystery, Literary Genres + Types of Novels
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: David Mazzucchelli , Paul Auster , Paul Karasik
- Online Item #: 11398156
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-01-7653
- ISBN: 9780312423605
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported