April 6, 2009
April 6, 2009
Emergency Medicine is not divided into specific areas of practice. Emergency room visitors come in all shapes and sizes, at any time of day or night, with a wide range of maladies. Emergency physicians need to become experts in diverse areas of medicine and to be able to make quick and informed decisions about patient care. A cornerstone of emergency medicine training is the constant drilling and re-drilling of simulated cases and clinical scenarios. This book offers a unique yet underutilized strategy for learning: a case-based approach from real patients and actual events. Each case provides the opportunity for learning essential clinical concepts. Focused exclusively on the needs of in-training emergency physicians and nurses, the book covers more than 100 common and unusual cases in emergency medicine. The procedures have been class-tested by the Stanford/Kaiser Emergency Medicine Residency Program.
Genre: Health + Wellness, Medical
Sub-Genre: Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, Nursing / Emergency, First Aid, Nursing / Critical + Intensive care, Allied Health Services/Emergency Medical Services
- Genre: Medical, Health + Wellness
- Subgenre: Nursing / Critical + Intensive Care, Critical Care, Emergency Medicine, Nursing / Emergency, First Aid, Allied Health Services/Emergency Medical Services
- Language: English
- Author: Gus M. Garmel , Joel T. Levis
- Online Item #: 13611673
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-69-9633
- ISBN: 9780521719643
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported