November 3, 2010
November 3, 2010
This is the first book to provide upper-level undergraduate and graduate students with an introduction to different views on and approaches to the study of organizational culture from a communication perspective, integrating practical applications of research throughout. This immensely readable text, with a praised structural organization, introduces the basic elements of organizational culture (assumptions, values, and artifacts; communication and management research fi ndings on organizational culture; and applications of organizational culture) and offers short case study examples that illuminate key concepts.
Key Featuresâ â
• Includes increased coverage of digital technologies and their impact on organizational culture, more material on the relationship between organizational culture and organizational discourse, a new section on mergers and downsizing, new attention to culture and globalization, and additional detail on methods
â?¢ Offers updated examples, research, and applications throughout, from research conducted outside of the U.S., while primarily focusing on organizational culture in the United States
â?¢ Provides a Cultural Toolkit, with quantitative and qualitative techniques for research and application studies of organizational culture analyses
â?¢ Synthesizes the multidisciplinary body of organizational culture researchâ as a whole.
Genre: Language + Art + Disciplines, Business + Money Management, Social Science, Psychology
Sub-Genre: Communication, Social Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Management, Sociology / General, General, Business Communication / General
- Genre: Business + Money Management, Psychology, Social Science, Language + Art + Disciplines
- Subgenre: General, Sociology / General, Business Communication / General, Communication, Management, Organizational Behavior, Social Psychology
- Language: English
- Author: Joann Keyton
- Online Item #: 13284425
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-61-4432
- ISBN: 9781412980227
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported