May 1, 2012
May 1, 2012
Nothing is simple in a border town like Dos Rios, in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. Even for high school students Fabiola Garza and her younger sister Alexis, whose parents run a local Tex-Mex restaurant, Dos Rios is full of borders -- where you should go, who your friends should be, which boy you should date.
Dos Rios is also full of opportunities, but it's a town divided, between the haves and the have-nots, the Whites and the Mexicans-Americans, the Texans and the Mexicans, the legal and illegal. But through it all, the Garza sisters have each other. Water can be crossed, but blood is the ultimate borderline -- no matter what.
Genre: Juvenile Fiction
Sub-Genre: Social Issues / Friendship, Social Issues / Adolescence, People + Places / USA / Hispanic + Latino
- Genre: Juvenile Fiction
- Subgenre: People + Places / USA / Hispanic + Latino, Social Issues / Adolescence, Social Issues / Friendship
- Publisher: Scholastic Paperbacks
- Pages: 182
- Language: English
- Release Date: May 1, 2012
- Author: Malin Alegria
- Online Item #: 14024865
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-79-8856
- ISBN: 9780545402408
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported