March 1, 2011
March 1, 2011
The young lady Victoria Mansfield's life of privilege is threatened when she finds her blood is tainted by magic, and she is exiled to Lackland Abbey, where she meets rebel students who have pledged their talents to protect England.
Time-travel, romance, and magic create a wonderful, compelling story here. Set in the early 19th-century, during the Napoleonic wars, when magic was only acceptable for the lower-classes, Lady Victoria Mansfield was destined for a life of wealth and status. But she's harboring a secret, that she has magical powers. When she inadvertently showcases her skills to save a relative, Tory is sent to Lackland Abbey, where the rich have their children trained to control their terrible skill. But Tory discovers a renegade group who learn how to control their powers and actually like them. However, a fantastical experience dramatically transforms everything for Tory, changing her life forever.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Juvenile Fiction
Sub-Genre: Science Fiction + Fantasy + Magic, School + Education, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Religion + Beliefs
- Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Religion + Beliefs, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, School + Education, Science Fiction + Fantasy + Magic
- Age: Teen
- Language: English
- Release Date: March 1, 2011
- Author: Mary Jo Putney , M.J. Putney
- Online Item #: 13261052
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-60-8786
- ISBN: 9780312622848
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported