October 29, 2013
October 29, 2013
Edgar Award-winner Harlan Coben brings us his most astonishing?and deeply personal?novel yet. And it all begins when Myron Bolitar's ex tells him he's a father ... of a dying thirteen-year-old boy.
Myron never saw it coming. A surprise visit from an ex-girlfriend is unsettling enough. But Emily Downing's news brings him to his knees. Her son Jeremy is dying and needs a bone-marrow transplant?from a donor who has vanished without a trace. Then comes the real shocker: The boy is Myron's son, conceived the night before her wedding to another man.
Staggered by the news, Myron plunges into a search for the missing donor. But finding him means cracking open a dark mystery that involves a broken family, a brutal kidnapping spree, and the FBI. Somewhere in the sordid mess is the donor who disappeared. And as doubts emerge about Jeremy's true paternity, a child vanishes, igniting a chain reaction of heartbreaking truth and chilling revelation.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
Sub-Genre: Types of Characters, Legal + Courtroom + Crime, Stages of Life, Medicine + Health, Mystery + Crime, Family + Friendship, Love + Relationships + Sex, Conflicts + Dualities
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Love + Relationships + Sex, Types of Characters, Stages of Life, Legal + Courtroom + Crime, Mystery + Crime, Medicine + Health, Family + Friendship, Conflicts + Dualities
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: Harlan Coben
- Online Item #: 14553932
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-02-7965
- ISBN: 9780440246206
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported