July 1, 2008
July 1, 2008
John, a rebel who dropped out of school to enlist in the army, meets Savannah, the girl of his dreams, but the events of September 11, 2001, John's decision to re-enlist, and Savannah's marriage to another man threaten their love.
While on leave from the army, John Tyree meets the love of his life: Savannah Lynn Curtis. Despite their many differences--he has a history of drinking, trouble-making, and promiscuity while she is a chaste teetotaler--their love flourishes over the summer. While he's away, Savannah waits longingly for John, even though she is pursued by other men. Then, in the wake of September 11, John re-ups, and Savannah feels like she can wait no longer. Nicholas Sparks once again uses a conflict of values and a bittersweet romance to create a heartfelt page-turner.
- Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Historical / Military + Wars, Romance, Love + Relationships + Sex, Types of Characters, Conflicts + Dualities
- Edition: Reissue
- Language: English
- Author: Nicholas Sparks
- Online Item #: 11389646
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-02-4507
- ISBN: 9780446618304
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported