April 1, 2010
April 1, 2010
Like everyone else, people with type II diabetes don?t have much time to cook, don?t want to deal with "gourmet" recipes, and just want to eat their favorite dishes. They want to pop something in the oven, under the broiler, or on the gas grill, and eat what they like without worrying that it will be harmful to them. If they are kids (and the increase of diabetes among teens is alarming), they want to find some ready-to-munch snacks waiting for them.
* 150 recipes for snacks, dips, munchies, appetizers, main courses, side dishes, vegetarian treats, beverages, cakes, pies, cookies and brownies, and desserts ? even ice cream -- that are low in fat, carbohydrates, and sodium, created especially for people with diabetes
* All the dishes are really easy to make ? most take less than 20 minutes to prepare, use less than 4 ingredients plus condiments, and don?t require much in the way of cooking skills
* stocking the pantry to make quick cooking a breeze.
* Special section of meals and snacks kids like.
* Nutrition analysis and exchanges for each recipe.
* Introduction by a Certified Diabetes Educator covering basics of cooking for people with diabetes.
- Genre: Cooking + Food + Wine
- Subgenre: Health + Healing / Diabetic + Sugar-Free
- Language: English
- Author: Barbara Grunes
- Online Item #: 12199021
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-41-0034
- ISBN: 9781572841086
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported