June 1, 1996
June 1, 1996
Captures the strange world of twenty-first-century Earth, a devastated planet in which sophisticated androids, banned from the planet, fight back against their potential destroyers
Rick Deckard would deny being called a murderer--"I've never killed a human being in my life." His job, however, is to kill (or "retire") androids who are trying to live amongst humans. The police department has to hire a bounty hunter like Deckard because androids have become virtually indistinguishable from humans. On Mars, bad things started happening when humans became too reliant on androids, so officials on Earth decided to make androids illegal. The only problem is that the androids want to stay--and they know how to fight back. Raising questions of consciousness, morality, love, and what it means to be human, Philip K. Dick's DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP has become a canonical work of speculative fiction. Originally published in 1968, this novel was made into the film BLADERUNNER, starring Harrison Ford, in 1982.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Conflicts + Dualities, Settings, Human Qualities + Behavior, Science Fiction + Fantasy
- Edition: Reissue
- Language: English
- Author: Philip K. Dick
- Online Item #: 11395294
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-01-5158
- ISBN: 9780345404473
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported