Richard Burton co-directed (along with Nevill Coghill) this labor of love that records a performance given by Burton at Oxford University in 1966 of Christopher Marlowe's 400-year-old verse play. Burton plays Faust, a medieval doctor who sells his soul to Mephistopheles (Andreas Teuber) in exchange for mastering all human knowledge. The Devil tempts Faust at every turn by confronting him with the seven deadly sins and Helen of Troy (Elizabeth Taylor), who appears throughout the film in various stages of undress as Doctor Faustus stands firm. The production was filmed in Rome, with the majority of the cast Oxford University amateur actors. Paul Brenner, Rovi
- Period Film
- Deal With the Devil
- 01 hr 32 min
- Korean , English , French
- March 2, 2004
- Elizabeth Taylor , Andreas Teuber , Ian Marter , Richard Burton , Elizabeth O'Donovan
- Renzo Pevarello , Richard Canvardine , David McIntosh , Jeremy Eccles , Richard Heffer , Ambrose Coghill , Richard Harrison , Nevill Coghill , Michael Menaugh , Bridget Coghill , Jacqueline Harvey , Ram Chopra , Hugh Williams
- Nevill Coghill , Richard Burton
Rating: NR - Questionable for Children
special offers and deals.
free standard shipping with $50 purchase, offer details.
- Made in the USA or Imported