March 3, 2009
March 3, 2009
"Dr. Gundry has crafted a wise program with a powerful track record.”
–Mehmet Oz, M.D., professor and vice chair of surgery, NY Presbyterian/Columbia Medical Center
Does losing weight and staying healthy feel like a battle? Well, it’s really a war. Your enemies are your own genes, backed by millions of years of evolution, and the only way to win is to outsmart them. Dr. Steven Gundry’s revolutionary book shares the health secrets other doctors won’t tell you:
• Why plants are “good” for you because they’re “bad” for you, and meat is “bad” because it’s “good” for you
• Why plateauing on this diet is actually a sign that you’re on the right track
• Why artificial sweeteners have the same effects as sugar on your health and your waistline
• Why taking antacids, statins, and drugs for high blood pressure and arthritis masks health issues instead of addressing them
Along with the meal planner, 70 delicious recipes, and inspirational stories, Dr. Gundry’s easy-to-memorize tips will keep you healthy and on course.
This very thoughtful and creative approach to diet and health contains a wealth of good advice for those who want to live and eat better for the short and long term. Dr. Steven Gundry first explains his view of how our bodies react to the food we eat--we have "killer genes," he says, that actually prefer bad food and which panic when we introduce good eats. Readers will identify with much of what he says here. The doctor offers a three-phase plan to "reprogram" ourselves to a healthier lifestyle. Along the way, he offers insightful tips and helpful phrases to keep us on course. Revolutionary fad diets come and go. DR. GUNDRY'S DIET EVOLUTION aims for the long-term through slow, but meaningful, change.
Genre: Health + Wellness, Medical
- Genre: Medical, Health + Wellness
- Publisher: Harmony Books
- Pages: 290
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Release Date: March 3, 2009
- Author: Steven R. Gundry
- Online Item #: 11321207
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-00-0626
- ISBN: 9780307352125
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported