May 1, 2003
May 1, 2003
Presents the tale of a bizarre Carpathian count who drinks human blood to stay alive, and the Englishman who knows his secret.
A bestseller in Britain when it was published in 1897, Bram Stoker's classic novel of suspense and horror introduced a character that would become an icon of Victorian horror. Stoker structured his novel as a series of correspondences--between English solicitor Jonathan Harker who's been sent to Dracula's Transylvania and his devoted fiancée Mina Murray, as well as the log of a captain transporting a cargo of mysterious sand and earthen boxes. Dracula's power and evil influence spreads and grows. A late 20th-century biographer of Stoker has suggested that famed actor Henry Irving, for whom Stoker worked for many years, was an inspiration for some of Count Dracula's characteristics, but whatever the impetus, Stoker tapped into a major cultural central artery and the teeth marks have been following ever since.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres, Juvenile Fiction
- Subgenre: Conflicts + Dualities, Classics, Love + Relationships + Sex, General, Legal + Courtroom + Crime, Types of Characters, Stages of Life, Settings, Society + Social Issues, Religion + Beliefs, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Human Qualities + Behavior, Horror + Ghost Stories, Horror
- Edition: Reissue
- Language: English
- Author: Bram Stoker
- Online Item #: 11339142
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-00-7040
- ISBN: 9780141439846
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported