March 1, 2005
March 1, 2005
Resentment. Fear. Self-Pity. Intolerance. Anger. This cast of character defects will undermine the best-laid plans for recovery from addiction. It's not uncommon for individuals in recovery to hang on to negative, self-defeating behaviors after they've given up their addiction. These are the "rocks" that can sink recovery - or, at the least, block further progress. With more than 100,000 copies sold, Drop the Rock is the definitive guide to removing character defects that can prevent gratifying, long-standing recovery. Based on the Twelve Step program, particularly the principles behind Steps Six and Seven, Drop the Rock combines personal stories, practical advice, and powerful insights to help readers move forward in recovery. The second edition features additional stories, a reference section, and information about starting a Drop the Rock study group.
Genre: Religion + Beliefs, Psychology, Self Improvement, Body + Mind + Spirit
Sub-Genre: Spiritual, Psychopathology / Addiction, Substance Abuse + Addictions / Alcoholism, General, Spirituality / General, Spirituality, Twelve-Step Programs, Substance Abuse + Addictions / General
- Genre: Body + Mind + Spirit, Self Improvement, Psychology, Religion + Beliefs
- Subgenre: Substance Abuse + Addictions / General, Twelve-Step Programs, Spirituality, Spirituality / General, General, Substance Abuse + Addictions / Alcoholism, Psychopathology / Addiction, Spiritual
- Language: English
- Release Date: March 1, 2005
- Author: Sara S. , Bill P. , Todd W.
- Online Item #: 11753732
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-19-4892
- ISBN: 9781592851614
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported