May 4, 2009
May 4, 2009
Offers a look at the exciting, dangerous, and important jobs that three different extreme scientists do around the world, the reasons they do it, and the benefits the world has gained as a result of their research.
Extreme scientists battle some of the Earth's most intense conditions, from hurricanes to caves to the crowns of towering redwoods, in order to save lives, preserve species, and help us to better understand the way our planet works.
Genre: History, Biography + Autobiography, Education, Science, Juvenile Nonfiction
Sub-Genre: Science + Technology, Science + Nature / Biology, Applied Sciences, Biography + Autobiography / Science + Technology, General, Adventure + Adventurers, Counseling / Vocational Guidance
- Genre: Biography + Autobiography, Juvenile Nonfiction, Education, History, Science
- Subgenre: Biography + Autobiography / Science + Technology, Science + Nature / Biology, Counseling / Vocational Guidance, General, Adventure + Adventurers, Science + Technology, Applied Sciences
- Age: 9-12 years
- Language: English
- Author: Donna M. Jackson
- Online Item #: 11820460
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-25-1400
- ISBN: 9780618777068
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported