July 13, 2010
July 13, 2010
From the #1 New York Times bestselling author, a novel about a family of women who seek refuge in an old beach house.
Jennifer Weiner asserts her title as the queen of intelligent and highly relevant chick lit with this chronicle of a cuckolded politician's wife who asks her two semi-estranged daughters to join her at the family beach house for some psychological convalescence. Sylvia Woodruff was once a liberated "hippie chick," but life as a senator's wife has gradually forced her to shed all remnants of her previous identity. When her husband publicly confesses to an affair, Sylvia decides to hide out from the rabid press and reconnect with her two daughters--a recovering addict and a seemingly successful doctor who is contemplating having an affair of her own.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
Sub-Genre: General, Love + Relationships + Sex, Types of Characters, Settings, Family + Friendship
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Family + Friendship, Settings, Types of Characters, Love + Relationships + Sex, General
- Language: English
- Release Date: July 13, 2010
- Online Item #: 12700575
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-01-0806
- ISBN: 9780743294270
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported