August 1, 2010
August 1, 2010
Mary Shelly's classic tale of terror is the story of Victor Frankenstein, a young student, who learns the secret of imparting life into a creature that he has constructed from corpses he finds.
Written in 1816 when she was only 19, in a horror-writing contest suggested by Byron, Mary Shelley's novel of "the modern Prometheus" chillingly dramatized the dangerous potential of life created in the laboratory. A frightening creation myth for our own time, FRANKENSTEIN remains one of the greatest horror stories ever written, and an undisputed classic.
Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
Sub-Genre: Horror, General, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Classics, Settings, Mystery + Crime, Types of Characters, Nature + Animals, Romance, Conflicts + Dualities, Science + Technology, Human Qualities + Behavior, Horror + Ghost Stories, Science Fiction + Fantasy
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes, Juvenile Fiction
- Subgenre: Conflicts + Dualities, Classics, Human Qualities + Behavior, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Science + Technology, Settings, Types of Characters, Nature + Animals, Horror, General, Romance, Horror + Ghost Stories, Mystery + Crime, Science Fiction + Fantasy
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: Mary W. Shelley , Mary Shelley , Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- Online Item #: 13548950
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 247-06-2772
- ISBN: 9781904633426
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported