June 10, 2004
June 30, 2004
Written in 1816 when she was only 19, in a horror-writing contest suggested by Byron, Mary Shelley's novel of "the modern Prometheus" chillingly dramatized the dangerous potential of life created in the laboratory. A frightening creation myth for our own time, FRANKENSTEIN remains one of the greatest horror stories ever written, and an undisputed classic.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes, Juvenile Fiction
Sub-Genre: Classics, Science Fiction + Fantasy, Horror + Ghost Stories, Settings, Horror, Literary, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Science + Technology, General, Human Qualities + Behavior, Comics + Graphic Novels / General, Mystery + Crime, Conflicts + Dualities, Nature + Animals, Types of Characters
- Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Comics + Graphic Novels / General, Science Fiction + Fantasy, Mystery + Crime, General, Horror + Ghost Stories, Literary, Nature + Animals, Human Qualities + Behavior, Types of Characters, Science + Technology, Conflicts + Dualities, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Horror, Settings, Classics
- Edition: Unabridged
- Author: Mary W. Shelley , Mary Shelley , Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- Online Item #: 13579204
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-68-8408
- ISBN: 9781593351946
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported