July 28, 2012
July 28, 2012
Science is beginning to prove what ancient cultures fully embraced: your voice can become one of the most powerful agents of transformation in every facet of your life.
Free Your Voice offers readers the liberating insights and personal instruction of sound healing legend Silvia Nakkach, whose four-decade immersion in the use of the voice as a creative force makes her a uniquely qualified teacher and guide. With coauthor Valerie Carpenter, Silvia shows how to reclaim the healing potential of your voice (regardless of training or experience) through more than 100 enjoyable exercises that are steeped in spiritual tradition and classical vocal technique and backed by the latest science.
Free Your Voice invites us to "savor a banquet of our own divine sounds" as we explore breathwork, chant, and other yogic practices for emotional release, opening to insight, and much more. Required reading for the thousands of people in Silvia's training programs, here is a definitive resource for using the voice as an instrument of healing and fulfillment. Instruction includes guided practices available as downloadable audio.
- Genre: Body + Mind + Spirit, Medical, Music, Science, Self Improvement
- Subgenre: General, Anatomy + Physiology, Physiology, Life Sciences / Human Anatomy + Physiology, Instruction + Study / Voice, Instruction + Study / Theory, Instruction + Study / General, Spirituality / General
- Publisher: Sounds True
- Pages: 236
- Language: English
- Author: Silvia Nakkach , Valerie Carpenter
- Online Item #: 14125361
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-80-4738
- ISBN: 9781604078008
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported