An American woman discovers that Paris truly is the city of love -- though not in the manner she expected -- in this romantic comedy. Kate (Meg Ryan) is desperately afraid of flying, so when her fiancée Charlie (Timothy Hutton) flies to Paris on business, she must stay behind. Kate has been having second thoughts about her impending marriage, but that changes when Charlie calls her to say that the engagement is off -- he's met a beautiful French woman named Juliette (Susan Anbeh), and he's fallen in love. Determined to win Charlie back, Kate confronts her fears and hops on board the next flight to Paris, where she finds herself seated next to Luc Teyssier (Kevin Kline), a French thief who stashes some valuable jewelry in her baggage hoping to avoid capture. While Luc simply wants to get his jewels back, he pretends to be willing to help Kate find Charlie and win him back in order to keep her luggage out of harm's way, but to his surprise (as well as Kate's), the two become infatuated as they make their way through the City of Lights. Leading lady Meg Ryan also served as co-producer for this film. Mark Deming, All Movie Guide
This is the second film by actor/director Ed Burns, his first being The Brothers McMullen. The two Fitzpatrick brothers, Mickey (Ed Burns) and Francis (Mike McGlone), would appear to have little in common, as the older is a rather volatile cab driver, the younger is a very settled stockbroker. Just prior to the time of the film, Mickey, after a whirlwind romance, married Hope (Maxine Bahns), one of his passengers. Francis has been married to his lifelong sweetheart (Jennifer Aniston) for some time. However, they are both very competitive about Heather (Cameron Diaz), an old flame of Mickey's. Mickey, who was once her fiance, left her when he found out she was sleeping with someone else. At the time of the story, Heather just happens to become a passenger in Mickey's cab, and they decide to finish exchanging belongings left over from their break-up. When Heather gives Francis (her current lover) the watch Mickey just returned to her, complications multiply. Clarke Fountain, All Movie Guide
- Urban Comedy, Romantic Comedy
- Scandals and Cover-Ups, Romantic Betrayal, Americans Abroad, Infidelity, Foibles of Marriage, Love Triangles, Fish Out of Water, Otherwise Engaged, Opposites Attract
- 03 hr 28 min
- English , French
- Spanish , English
- December 5, 2006
- Edward Burns , Jennifer Aniston , Maxine Bahns , Kevin Kline , Meg Ryan
- Frank Vincent , Renee Humphrey , Robert Weil , Thomasine Heiner , Jerry Harte , Laurent Spielvogel , Fausto Constantino , Anita Gillette , Michael Riley , Victor Garrivier , Marie-Christine Adam , Adam Brooks , Amanda Peet , Alain Frerot , Barbara Schulz , Timothy Hutton , Jean Reno , Cameron Diaz , François Cluzet , John Mahoney , Mike McGlone , Leslie Mann , Nicholas Hawtrey
- Edward Burns , Lawrence Kasdan
special offers and deals.
free standard shipping with $50 purchase, offer details.
- Made in the USA or Imported