April 2, 2002
April 2, 2002
Humiliated to discover that her ex-boyfriend has been chronicling their sex life in a series of articles called "Loving a Larger Woman" in a popular women's magazine, journalist Cannie Shapiro embarks on an adventure-filled odyssey as she confronts her losses, makes peace with the past, and comes to terms with herself.
A woman named Cannie Shapiro is (like the author) a columnist for a Philadelphia newspaper. Life is good until her ex-husband starts writing his own column, for a hip magazine, called "Good in Bed," in which he details the intimate truths of their relationship, including his opinion of her plus-size body. Finally determined to lose some weight, Cannie discovers instead that she's pregnant--an unforeseen complication that rocks her world even further.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
Sub-Genre: Types of Characters, Medicine + Health, Romance, Work + the Workplace, Humorous Fiction, Love + Relationships + Sex, Family + Friendship
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Romance, Types of Characters, Work + the Workplace, Family + Friendship, Love + Relationships + Sex, Medicine + Health, Humorous Fiction
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: Jennifer Weiner
- Online Item #: 11340625
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-04-1055
- ISBN: 9780743418171
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported