July 1, 2003
July 1, 2003
Having grown up by the sea alongside her charismatic invalid cousin Tsugumi, Maria moves to Tokyo and encounters an entirely different world of university enrollment and impending adulthood, and spending a last summer with her cousin, she comes to a new understanding about home and family. Reprint. 50,000 first printing.
Maria and Tsugumi are cousins whose relationship has veered between antagonism and affection. Tsugumi is chronically ill as well as bad-tempered, and Maria suffers from the fact that her parents never married. As an adult, Maria looks back fondly on the last summer when, as a teenager, she stayed with Tsugumi and her family at the inn they run.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes
Sub-Genre: Family + Friendship, Stages of Life, Medicine + Health, Conflicts + Dualities
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Conflicts + Dualities, Medicine + Health, Stages of Life, Family + Friendship
- Publisher: Grove Pr
- Pages: 192
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Release Date: July 1, 2003
- Author: Banana Yoshimoto
- Online Item #: 11692970
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-15-9542
- ISBN: 9780802139917
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported