May 3, 2010
May 3, 2010
24 sewing projects that celebrate the joy of a new baby
Come stitch alongside celebrated fabric designer Anna Maria Horner as she prepares for her own new baby. This stunning collection of nursery d?cor, keepsakes, maternity wear, baby?s clothing, and more is all breathtakingly photographed as Anna Maria progresses through her pregnancy.
Mothers-to-be, grandparents, family, and friends will treasure this collection of sewing projects to welcome home a new baby. Stylish prints and colors combine in unique designs to give you 24 projects ranging from booties and a quilt to an embroidered family tree and a thank you note organizer?and everything in between.
- Includes seven bonus loose-leaf paper patterns neatly tucked inside
- Includes a brief primer on sewing for babies, including fabric selection and safety considerations
- Other titles by Horner: Seams to Me
Saturated with gorgeous full-color photography, Handmade Beginnings gives new and veteran sewers colorful, contemporary, yet classic, patterns to mark one of life?s biggest milestones.
As the crafty mother of six, fabric designer and painter Anna Maria Horner knows a lot about creating wonderful things for mamas-to-be and children to wear and enjoy. With 24 projects for mama, baby, the whole family, and the home, eager sewers will have a lot of inspiration. Projects include Early Empire Cinch; Patchwork Sleeping Sack; Dad Bag; and Daydreams Mobile and Lampshade. Accompanied by beautiful photographs, patterns, and resources.
- Genre: Crafts + Hobbies, Medical
- Subgenre: Sewing, Nursing / Pediatric + Neonatal
- Language: English
- Author: Anna Maria Horner
- Online Item #: 12264378
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 247-04-2308
- ISBN: 9780470497814
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported