June 2, 2010
June 2, 2010
Meeting by chance when a fateful accident sends a 6-year-old boy to an upscale Boston hospital, the child's mother and the doctor's stay-at-home wife find their lives changing in unexpected ways. (General fiction). By the best-selling author of
Emily Giffin has become a mainstay on bestseller lists with her intelligent and exuberant contemporary romances, and this, her fifth outing, is no exception. Giffin provides another sharp portrait of an adulterous romance, targeting the faux-idyllic marriage of Tessa Russo, whose brother Dex happens to be the handsome hubby from Giffin's previous book, SOMETHING BORROWED. Tessa's husband Nick is a renowned pediatric plastic surgeon who is perhaps a bit too devoted to his job, as he begins to neglect his own family after he bonds with one of his young patients, a six-year-old burn victim--and the boy's sexy single mother, an attorney named Valerie. Tessa and Valerie take turns sharing their side of the story, and, as in all of Giffin's effervescent books, nothing is quite as simple as "he said, she said."
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Family + Friendship, Love + Relationships + Sex, Types of Characters, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, General, Romance
- Edition: Large Print, Unabridged
- Language: English
- Author: Emily Giffin
- Online Item #: 12360751
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-45-0725
- ISBN: 9781410426406
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported