March 1, 2011
March 1, 2011
Investigating two cases including a human trafficking shipwreck and a New York congressman's sex scandal, Alexandra Cooper discovers a common clue that links both cases and puts her life in danger. By the author of
In Linda Fairstein's twelfth Alexandra Cooper novel, the New York Assistant DA investigates a human trafficking case with dangerously close connections to major players in the city's corrupt political machine. When an Ukrainian freighter runs aground near Hell Gate, an aptly named perilous section of the East River, the wreck reveals a load of illegal immigrants and several dozen women being trafficked into the sex industry. Alex is already working tirelessly on this case when an up-and-coming NYC congressman gets himself ensnared in DUI and sex scandals. Things get even nastier when the body of his lover turns up murdered and tossed down a well on the grounds of Gracie Mansion, the uninhabited 19th-century mayoral house that overlooks Hell Gate. As the cases become ever more entwined, the number of people implicated grows and Alex finds herself on very dangerous and quickly sinking ground.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Action + Thrillers, General, Politics, Work + the Workplace, Types of Characters, Legal + Courtroom + Crime, Love + Relationships + Sex, Mystery + Crime
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: Linda A. Fairstein
- Online Item #: 13261953
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-02-1021
- ISBN: 9780451412997
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported