November 9, 2010
November 9, 2010
The astonishing new novel from #1 New York Times bestselling author Jodi Picoult about a family torn apart by an accusation of murder.
Jodi Picoult wraps another stirring melodramatic plot around a misunderstood modern affliction in this tale of Jacob Hunt, an 18-year-old murder suspect who has Asperger's Syndrome. Jacob's mother Emma and his little brother Theo have gradually become reluctant satellites of Jacob and his condition, forced to make unwanted adjustments to their own lives in order to better suit his needs. Jacob is obsessed with forensic science, and has the odd habit of appearing at crime scenes and bombarding the investigators with unwanted advice. At the sight of one particularly heinous crime, Jacob's criminal insights prove to be a bit too precise, and he is soon charged with murder. The situation is compounded when Jacob's lack of emotion, his social awkwardness, and his involuntary tics are read as the callous reactions of a psychopath. Emma's only hope of saving her son lies in the hands of a young attorney who must not only combat the prosecution's convincing evidence, but also his own client's tendencies to make himself appear guilty.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Mystery + Crime, Family + Friendship, Conflicts + Dualities, General, Psychology, Types of Characters, Medicine + Health, Legal + Courtroom + Crime, Work + the Workplace
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: Jodi Picoult
- Online Item #: 12921846
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-04-0848
- ISBN: 9780743296441
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported