July 27, 2010
July 27, 2010
Do Less, Live More, Get Accepted
What if getting into your reach schools didn’t require four years of excessive A.P.-taking, overwhelming activity schedules, and constant stress?
In How to Be a High School Superstar, Cal Newport explores the world of relaxed superstars—students who scored spots at the nation’s top colleges by leading uncluttered, low stress, and authentic lives. Drawing from extensive interviews and cutting-edge science, Newport explains the surprising truths behind these superstars’ mixture of happiness and admissions success, including:
· Why doing less is the foundation for becoming more impressive.
· Why demonstrating passion is meaningless, but being interesting is crucial.
· Why accomplishments that are hard to explain are better than accomplishments that are hard to do.
These insights are accompanied by step-by-step instructions to help any student adopt the relaxed superstar lifestyle—proving that getting into college doesn’t have to be a chore to survive, but instead can be the reward for living a genuinely interesting life.
Genre: Study Guides
Sub-Genre: College Entrance
- Genre: Study Guides
- Subgenre: College Entrance
- Publisher: Three Rivers Pr
- Pages: 244
- Language: English
- Release Date: July 27, 2010
- Author: Cal Newport
- Online Item #: 12289931
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-43-4739
- ISBN: 9780767932585
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported