July 11, 2006
July 11, 2006
Billy may have bitten off more than he can chew when he is challenged by his friend Alan to eat fifteen worms in fifteen days for fifty dollars, in a movie-tie edition that includes eight full-color pages of photos from the new film. Reprint.
Eating 15 worms in 15 days sounds pretty gross, but Billy decides it's worth it since he stands to win $50 from his friend Alan if he can accomplish the disgusting deed. Billy is given the option to smother the worms in anything he likes--from ketchup to peanut butter--and he can even have them cooked up in a variety of ways including fried, boiled, and grilled. Alan is quite confident that Billy will lose the bet. After all who could eat one worm, let alone 15? However, when it seems that Billy can devour anything set before him, Alan sets out to sabotage Billy. Will any of Alan's nefarious schemes succeed in getting Billy to lose the bet? This humorous look at the life of boys explores the honor of keeping one's word and the edibility of the common nightcrawler. Illustrated with B&W drawings.
- Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Animals / Insects + Spiders, Animals / Reptiles + Amphibians, Cooking + Food, Social Issues / New Experience, Social Issues / Values + Virtues, Animals / General, Humorous Fiction
- Age: 9-12 years
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: Thomas Rockwell
- Illustrator: Emily Arnold McCully
- Online Item #: 12715698
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-49-0155
- ISBN: 9780440421856
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported