May 9, 2006
May 9, 2006
After capturing a bank robber, nineteen-year-old cab driver Ed Kennedy begins receiving mysterious messages that direct him to addresses where people need help, and he begins getting over his lifelong feeling of worthlessness.
Being deeply, tragically unaccomplished in music, art, or even revolution, at age 19 Ed Kennedy is behind schedule compared to Bob Dylan, Salvador Dali, and Joan of Arc. Living in a cramped riverside hovel, this underage cab driver spends his time reading obsessively; playing cards with his loser friends Marv, Ritchie, and Audrey (also his intense crush); hanging out with the Doorman, his foul-smelling aged mutt; and getting yelled at by his nasty, constantly cursing mother. Enter the ace of diamonds, a cryptic playing card inscribed with three seemingly random addresses that will propel going-nowhere Ed into a series of life-changing events, whether he likes it or not. A 2006 Michael L. Printz Honor Book.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Juvenile Fiction
- Subgenre: Social Issues / Self-Esteem + Self-Reliance, Social Issues / Emotions + Feelings, Action + Adventure / General, General
- Age: Teen
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: Markus Zusak
- Online Item #: 11960552
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-13-0870
- ISBN: 9780375836671
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported