August 9, 2011
August 9, 2011
Now a Major Motion Picture
Delightfully smart and heartbreakingly poignant, Allison Pearson?s smash debut novel has exploded onto bestseller lists as ?The national anthem for working mothers.? Hedge-fund manager, wife, and mother of two, Kate Reddy manages to juggle nine currencies in five time zones and keep in step with the Teletubbies. But when she finds herself awake at 1:37 a.m. in a panic over the need to produce a homemade pie for her daughter?s school, she has to admit her life has become unrecognizable. With panache, wisdom, and uproarious wit, I Don?t Know How She Does It brilliantly dramatizes the dilemma of every working mom.
Kate Reddy is an executive in the financial world whose doomed attempt to micromanage her children and their nanny is only one of the picky little problems that dominate her life. However, things are soon spinning out of control. A friend dies of cancer, Kate's husband leaves, she contemplates an affair, and she gets ****** with a cab driver--all indications that, from now on, things will be different. A New York Times Notable Book for 2002.
- Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Literary Genres + Types of Novels, General, Love + Relationships + Sex, Humorous Fiction, Family + Friendship, Conflicts + Dualities, Stages of Life
- Edition: Media Tie In, Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: Allison Pearson
- Online Item #: 13636725
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-04-0020
- ISBN: 9780307948564
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported