April 2, 2013
April 2, 2013
Seventeen-year-old Jazz learned all about being a serial killer from his notorious "Dear Old Dad," but believes he has a conscience that will help fight his own urges and right some of his father's wrongs, so he secretly helps the police apprehend the town's newest murderer, "The Impressionist."
With hints of the television show DEXTER, this young adult thriller stars 17-year-old Jazz, the son of famous serial killer Billy Dent. With his father in prison, Jazz lives with his grandmother and is desperately trying to be a normal teen. He has a best friend, a girlfriend, and even a role in the school play. However, his father shared a frightening array of information about murder that continues to haunt Jazz years later. When a dead body shows up in town, Jazz is certain it's the work of a serial killer, no matter what the police think. In order to prove to himself that he isn't on the same path as his father, Jazz sets out to discover the killer.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Juvenile Fiction
- Subgenre: Family + Friendship, Types of Characters, Legal + Courtroom + Crime, Boys + Men, Family / General, Mysteries + Detective Stories
- Age: Teen
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: Barry Lyga
- Online Item #: 14426662
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-82-0652
- ISBN: 9780316125833
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported