July 1, 1994
July 1, 1994
Republished to coincide with the movie adaptation's release, a collection of tales chronicles the near-future development of the robot and features models that have the ability to read minds, experience human emotions, and take over the world. Simultaneous. (A 20th Century Fox film, releasing summer 2004, starring Will Smith) (Science Fiction & Fantasy)
Dr. Susan Calvin is a 75-year-old Robopsychologyist retiring from U.S. Robots in the year 2057 when she is interviewed by a reporter from the Interplanetary Press. Her interview forms the narrative of this novel, covering her participation in the development of independent, sensible, and rational robots, ruled by the three entrenched laws of robotics, and the many lessons of her career that have led her to contend that robots are more human than people and that they are vital to human survival.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Science Fiction + Fantasy, Types of Characters, Conflicts + Dualities, Literary Genres + Types of Novels
- Edition: Media Tie-In
- Language: English
- Author: Isaac Asimov
- Online Item #: 11994632
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-32-0485
- ISBN: 9780553294385
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported