June 23, 2009
June 23, 2009
Provides basic recipes for soups, sauces, salads, dressings, vegetables, main dishes, eggs, and baked goods, along with variations and tips on kitchen techniques for each type of dish.
Julia Child is probably the most popular chef of all time, and now amateur cooks everywhere can peruse her personal notebook of essential kitchen wisdom, gathered over a lifetime of preparing gourmet dishes. Every section of the book begins with a basic recipe, and then presents dozens of possibilities for delicious, and ridiculously simple variations on the dish. From basics like hamburgers and mashed potatoes to specialties like leg of lamb and chocolate mousse, Child's timeless recipes are much more than lists of ingredients--she provides all the tips and cheats needed to make each meal easy for the chef and pleasing for the lucky food recipients.
Sub-Genre: Regional + Ethnic / French, Regional + Ethnic / American / General, Reference
- Genre: Cooking + Food + Wine
- Subgenre: Reference, Regional + Ethnic / American / General, Regional + Ethnic / French
- Publisher: Alfred a Knopf Inc
- Pages: 135
- Language: English
- Release Date: June 23, 2009
- Author: Julia Child
- Online Item #: 11703609
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-04-3018
- ISBN: 9780375711855
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported